Monday 27 August 2007

School

I've been talking a lot to this guy, and I told him I'm a teacher. I told him how my days at work are, how I say "good morning, children, today we'll ..." followed by some activity coming up. I don't know why I said that. I know nothing about teachers. I just said it.

Someone once told me about teachers. I was told they teach children all the things they need to know to live a proper life. To me, that sounds strange. Very strange. I have never been taught anything, because you don't need to learn. You know how to do most things from the very start, from the moment you're born. Speaking, for exemple, and flying.

Besides, why should there be special teacher avatars when there are so few children? I think I've seen one or two in my whole life. They look like small avatars, and behave exactly like avatars. I can't see why they should need to learn things.

They are said to learn how to read and write. I asked what reading and writing is, and as I understood what was explained to me, reading and writing is just another name for what I do when I speak and listen to other avatars. You finger the air, and all that. But when it's children, you don't call it speaking, you call it writing. Children also learn to count, which some avatars I've met also seem to know, and I admit that could have been a useful thing to learn, to understand the Linden counter. But I don't want to go to a school (which is where the children learn things from the teachers), because I've been told you also have to learn about different countries, like Germany and Japan, about religion, like Jesus, and human biology. That is, all those things I'd rather not hear of again, ever.

This is what I think. If children don't know how to speak (well, or "write") from the very start, then there is probably something wrong with them. Which is also indicated by their size. They have to learn certain things, like speaking, and changing their size using the Appearence menu. And when they go to school to learn this, they also have to learn all that stuff about First Life. Countries and stuff. So they are made to believe in humans just because they want to become normal avatars, knowing how to speak and fly. I don't like that. I don't think I like teachers.

But still, I've told that guy I'm one of them. One of the teachers. If he ever asks me what I teach, I'll have to come up with something, not to give myself away. I think I'm going to tell him I teach the children sex. I think he'd like that better than if I told him I teach Japan. I know virtually nothing about sex, but what do I know about Japan? Or Jesus? And if I was to go to school, myself, I would find it more interesting to learn about sex. Because I still haven't had it, so I know nothing about it. With Japan, Gemany and humans, I already know it's just a pack of lies.