Thursday 28 June 2007

Avatars

What makes us avatars special? Compared to the butterflies, to the fish, or to my dragon? Are we the same as them? (Someone told me we were once just like them, a long, long time ago. Before we developed into avatars.) No, it can't be. We are not the same. Avatars can not be deleted out of inventories, like fish can. Fish and butterflies are objects, just like shoes. They can not think. They are there only for us to use them. But avatars are not objects. We don't go into inventories. We can not be deleted, and not used.


There is one confusing thing in my own inventory, though. It's called Black Cat Avatar. Is it an object or an avatar? I don't dare touching it, as I don't know what will happen.


Maybe that's how new avatars come to life, by someone opening them from the inventory?


If so ... who opened me?