Wednesday 27 June 2007

Blackouts

I had a lot of those blackouts today. I don't like them. First everything is cool. You walk, talk, dance. Then next moment, you're gone. All goes black. Brain goes empty. Nothing left, just the low muffled noise. It's scary. And when it's finally over, when you come to, you're always in a new place. At a loss, standing in an unfamiliar teleport. Other avatars pushing and bumping. No clue where you are, or where to go next. None at all. Just bumps, pushes, and sometimes the groupers.

They are those guys who hang around the teleports. Preying on whoever may port out. Someone I met said a grouper is really a fish. I’ve never seen one. I’ve seen fish, though, in a tank somewhere. I don’t remember which island. Maybe it was the same place where I saw those really, really big fish in the ocean. They are said to be extremely dangerous. Others say I needn’t worry, those big ones are absolutelly harmless. But I never saw a real grouper. Just those teleportboys.

"hi foyline", he says the moment I port out.

"hey", I say and hurry off, dizzy and nauseous from the blackout. I go just any direction, away from him and the pushing.

"vurdumpster metter better ungtherfung", he shouts after me. Something like that. Incomprehensible, but the ring of his voice says it all. He doesn't like me.

Someone told me it sounded like german. What's german? I asked them, and they said it was a place. I had never heard of it before, never been there.

I didn't like what they told me next. I had had lots of blackouts that day, too, I wasn't feeling very well. Then they said this german is in First Life.