Tuesday 26 June 2007

Out of a box

About me. I'm 27 days old. They helped me calculating this, as I'm not very familiar with "days". Strangely enough, it's not a new day until day has broken a lot of times. I don't know how many. I'm not really following them there, but it doesn't matter, I don't count anyhow. I don't sleep when it goes dark, but whenever I get sleepy. I never see it coming, just fall asleep after a sudden feeling of dizziness. Then I wake up again, right away. Day or night, I don't sleep for very long. My body doesn't need to, I think.

That body changed, not a long time ago. They all of a sudden said I looked a lot prettier. A shower of compliments, it was. Exactly what had happened, I don't know. Oh, I do know, because I looked in my inventory and found a new skin in there. A good skin makes your look good. But why it got there, I don't know. Maybe I was just old enough to get a proper skin. Like the butterflies, I remember someone saying. (I fail to get it. I've seen the butterflies, they all come out of a box.)

Wearing this skin I asked around for how to snapshot myself. And did I like the picture! Not that my first skin displeased me. But there have been comments. There will be no more of that. I have grown into a proper skin', I'm not a Newbie anymore, am I? I have come out of the box.

All my life I've kept finding new things in my inventory. Like this skin. New stuff just appears, and I never thought much about it. Until i figured something out. Those new things are always the same ones I have been eyeing in the mall. I can choose! If just the Linden dollar counter suddenly looks different, I can go straight to my inventory and find the goodies there. So I hang there a lot now, in the mall.