Wednesday 19 November 2008

Appearance

Oh, Mia keeps worrying about everything I do. How I dress, what I do when going to the clubs, and now whom I speak to, and why. Do I do that to her? Do I question her for hanging out with someone who likes to call himself Cow Sheep...? Come on, Mia. Cool down.

Some of the others said that she's behaving like a mother. And then told me a mother is someone who has a child. As I've said before, I have seen children. They are those little avatars that, as previously concluded, have something wrong with them, making them unable to for example use the Appearance menu to change size, or detach the lollipop objects from their mouths. But all the few children I've seen were avs too, so the only ones that can "have them" are – according to predominant avatar lore – the humans. This really means that a mother is the human that a small av with a problem pretends is controlling her or him, probably to have someone to blame her or his strange behaviour on. Like, "i wear this weird orange pigtail hair because my mother doesn't allow me to change appearance, snigger, i know i look ghastly, but it's not my fault".

I mean, Mia has complained, saying I dress like trash, but she can't decide what I wear. She can't take clothes off me, and put others on. That's a ridiculous idea. So, the children have probably been infected by the crabs or something like that, and don't work properly. Like when I couldn't take clothes off, a long time ago. Or maybe those allegedly omnipotent Linden avatars have done something, so that certain avatars get restricted abilities. Maybe as a punishment for doing bad things. Maybe they were changing appearance all the time, making sims crash. That seems quite probable. If so, children are not only small, but also bad.

Mia worried about that girl I met, but I don't. Today I saw her again, and spent a lot of time with her, on a beach. I like her, and she's very clever, telling me things that I didn't understand before, without making me feel stupid. Lots of the others say things to me in ways that makes it clear they don't consider me the brightest star. She doesn't. She's just nice. Why Mia worries is a mystery to me. I hope I'll meet her again soon.