Saturday 22 November 2008

Greetings

Some of the others complain a lot about greeters, which are objects (i think) that tell you a message when you step into a shop. Usually it's a message like "Welcome, Serval!" or "Please join our update group!" or something like that. I don't mind the greeters. I rather like them. Usually when shopping there are few avatars around, and those that are are too busy looking and trying and calculating Lindens to speak to others. So to me, the greeters mean company, and that is nice. The greeters seem almost like friends.

When I told the others, they said that was some good friendship, eh, based upon me being a consumer only. I don't think that is very clever thinking. Because I bet that they themselves wouldn't have made their present friends if they had still been in their newbie looks. They've used their looks and outfits to be seen and to make new friends. So their friendships, too, are based on being consumers, buying blingy shoes that can be seen from far away, super skins and tattoos that never end. But they don't like greeters, and I do. I can walk in and out of a shop just to get a good conversation going.