Saturday 2 May 2009

Titles

You know what? I found out that I can change my group title! You know, that's what goes in the sign above the head of avis, even above their names.

Wow, this was truly great. I had been a little jelous with other avis, seeing them sporting titles such as

Avi 1: xoxo Bob's BF xoxo

Avi 2: (no copy) (no moderate)

Avi 3: Club Kisssses VIP

That's so cool. At least compared to the one I've had for quite some time by now.

Serval: GROUP TITLE HERE

I used to guess that we all get what we deserve. And I supposed that I didn't deserve a cooler one than that, because of not being a very active group owner. I never had a party for my group, for example. I did nothing like that. If I had, my title might have changed into something better. That's what I thought. Up until recently, when I found out that I can change it myself.

What an exciting thing! And a hard one too, isn't it, because the sign above your head is like a #1 prime megavalue spot where you can put the ad of your life, selling yourself, your soul, your heart and your deepest wishes. But there's only room for one thing to say. So it takes some good thinking, the choosing of title. It truly does.

I came up with a couple of ideas.

Idea 1: I dound it out

Idea 2: I found it out

Idea 3: I found it out (fina

Idea 4: Found it out (finall

Idea 5: Found out (finally)

Then the others said it wasn't a very clever thing to do, shouting out to the world that I had found out how to change the group title after a year and a half. Which I was sorry to hear, because I had considered the task done. Now I had to change, and think, again.

I asked them for some advice, and they said I should go for something snappy. Or interesting. Or provocative. I decided to go for the latter. Which seemed easiest to me.

Idea 6: Eh! Bugger off u wan

That one didn't work, obviously.

Idea 7: rofl, ok? now go!

The others said no. It wouldn't bring me any new friends.

Idea 8: (no) (not) (never)

I thought this one was quite clever, until Fishie asked me what it meant. I said dunno, and made up some excuse to go somewhere else to do some more thinking in a hurry and change it. So, something snappy instead?

Idea 9: Yo sis!

Idea 10: Yo bro!

Idea 11: Yo sis! + bro!

Idea 12: Yo sis+bro+mum+furri

The others convinced me not to use any of those, so I was left with the final strategy: an interesting tag. But eh, what's interesting? I can't put everything I've spoken into my diary in a box that small. And it's not possible to summarize it all in so few words, is it?

Idea 13: Me and to oh avi yes

The others were long gone by now. One went to work. Another went to walk the dog. Yet another one got an IM saying grandma was in hospital and so had to rush. I was all on my own. Mind all blank. Panicking. Until I took a couple of deep breaths and calmed down. And set to work.

Hours of work, which proved to be a waste of time. Because next time I saw the others, they lolled a lot. Sniggered, that's what they did. They didn't make any comments, but I got the point. Gotta work more on this.