Thursday 6 August 2009

Back!

Oh, she brought me back to First Life! Just for one day. Just for one more day. She said she had listened to my diary and understood that I wasn't happy about being in SL any more. And she said that she was sorry for having messed things up by letting me have that peek into First Life. I'm an avatar, so I'm supposed to prefer SL, and she wanted to put things straight for me by showing me that First Life isn't just nice and fun, but also quite the contrary.

So the angel brought me to IKEA. Now, that didn't work as planned, I think, because I didn't have any lindens to buy anything, so I didn't have to pull any of those heavy trolleys with boxes to rezz at home that I saw lots of humans struggling with. So I rather enjoyed going there, actually.

Then she told me about bleeding, which didn't really mean much to me. I've seen blood, which usually comes as a clothes layer. I have some in my inventory. The angel wanted to show me some First Life blood, though, but couldn't put the knife into her finger, so I did it myself, on myself. I don't have problems with such things. Once, for a household accident event, I put three huge metal stakes right through my chest. Now this was different. Not the blood, which was just red stuff, but the hurting part of it, which came as a surprise, even though she had told me to expect it. Bleeding now and then wouldn't be too bad, but I wasn't sure I'd like it hurting like that each time. But then she told me why, which changed my mind drastically. It was all about allowing me to have one of those little humans of my own. My very own. And I would control it. Now, that was something I didn't see coming. My mind boggled at the very idea. Such an unheard of thing. Controlling humans? (Isn't that what their god is supposed to do? Could I become their god? The mere thought of it made me want one of those little humans right away.)

She then came back to this with being human in First Life and the one million and eighty days (of which some had already passed), and after that the discontinuation. She asked me if I had thought about that, if I wanted that. I told her I really didn't. But I had also thought about something else.

"you say you yourself will be dicontinued after all those days?"

"yes", she nodded.

"but if i'm still in sl, and you controlled me, what will happen to me?"

The angel looked at me, smiling faintly:
"u figured that 1 out, didn't u"

It wasn't a happy smile. Rather a sad friendly kind.

"u will sleep", she said. "and keep sleeping 4ever, unless some1 else comes by and wakes u up"

"but that's not gonna happen, is it?"

"no. i don't think so"

So there wouldn't be much difference, would there, being in First or Second Life.

After this followed more, including taxes, bad guys, humans fighting humans, and other stuff. But most of that can be seen in SL too. She couldn't say one single thing that made SL seem the better place to live. And still she wanted me to be there?