Wednesday 4 July 2007

Dance

I've known the dance pad most of my life. You go to your club, step onto the pad, and your body starts dancing. Mostly there isn't even music, you still dance. And you get paid for it! Not much, but still, paid. The pad has become my job. It doesn't matter hours are long.

The only time I've felt completely at ease has been when working. Maybe that's why I like dancing so much. At work, I know I'll be there for a long time. I can relax. I can think, without worrying about what's coming next. When I'm working, there are no blackouts, no crowded teleports.

But dear old pad. I'm afraid I have to tell you I fell out of love with you last night. I found, was swept away by, someone else. By something else. Loud music. Loud, and fast, and slow, and even louder. Avatars everywhere. All dancing. And no-one beeing paid. I just had to dance, too, like them. And I danced, and danced, and danced. No pad, no pay. Just danced with all the other avatars all night. Oh, am I in love!