Thursday 12 July 2007

Speaking

Some laugh at me when I say I don't believe in First Life. Some get angry, even rude.

"where u from?" they say.

"from here around", I answer. "i don't have a house, or so, so i just hang around anywhere"

"lol i mean irl"

"i've never been there, i was born here"

"yeah, sure, u play on hun, have fun", they say, and never speak to me again.

Others say I'm insane, because I say I don't believe in humans, and still keep speaking to them. They say this white screen in front of me, the one I'm speaking into right now, is connected to the humans in some way. That's what they say. You come here, sit in front of the white screen, and you speak to the humans. Can you believe that?

I was thinking of trying it out, just to prove what a silly notion it is. I was to ask the humans to remove the Black Cat Avatar from my inventory. If they didn't, it would prove there's no-one listening. If they did, well, I would at least get rid of the nasty cat thing. And maybe start believing in humans... Yeah. But my friends said it wouldn't work, as "the humans listen only when they feel like it". They also said you shouldn't test the humans like that, because humans like to make all decisions themselves. They don't like being pushed.

Well, all this doesn't seem very credible to me. All you humans who listen: up yours, ha ha.

So I don't really know why I keep speaking to the white screen. It just feels right. Makes me feel good afterwards.