Friday 20 July 2007

Sleep

It felt no different from all those times before when I've fallen asleep. Sudden dizzyness. World going black. Gone. And then, almost at once, the waking up. Waking up today took a minute or two, like it always does, and then I was back exactly where I was before getting tired. A brief catnap, all in all.

But they said I had been away for more than a week.

What's a week? I didn't want to ask them, because I think they find me stupid sometimes, me and my questions. So I asked someone else, later. He told me the following: When the sun has risen five or six times (how much is that?), it's a day, and when you have seven (?) days, it's a week. This didn't mean much to me, but then he explained it another way: If I dance the pad for a week, I would earn enough to buy a really expensive new skin. Not that I want to, I'm happy with my looks, but I got the point. A week is a very long time. And I had been asleep for that long, without noticing.

That worries me a bit. How come I didn't notice? Has something happened to my head? Do I still have that bug I got from dancing in there?

And what will happen next time I go to sleep? Will I be gone for a week again? Or even longer?

I don't want to.