Saturday 19 December 2009

Oops

I've had a revelation. Omg, it's massiv scale. I had it just about the same moment I was standing in this shop looking at the Black Hole Eyes of my dreams. Well, maybe not of my dreams, but not a bad skin at all, for being black hole typish. And as to the order of events, it was actually revelation first, then Black Hole Eyes right away. And the actual revelation was that I'd better start looking for a different kind of skin, because I've fallen half in love with a different kind of makeup. I don't really want the black holes any more. Oops. So I'd better go look again. Start all over again.

Before doing so I'd like to conclude. Because I have been around a lot looking for this skin. And I've seen stuff doing so. Oh, you can't even imagine the horrors. So these are questions to shop owners, designers et al. That is, the kind of people that would like me to buy their stuff.

Why put lots of demo skins in a pack that needs rezzing somewhere else? You want me to leave your shop? Why use vendors that I have to learn, which is so boring that I soon quit trying? Why not just use simple boards? Why use vendors that don't clearly name the different skins, so that I can identify the skins in the demo pack without trying all 28 demos in your laggy shop?
Why expect me to pay to try a demo of your skins? When I see the L1 tag, it means poor skin that can't be sold but has to earn some money anyhow. But most of all, why oh why can't skin designers stop once they have made a set of really black eyes? Why this urge to continue, to add tearmarks, bruises, scratchmarks, wounds, barbed wires, bullet holes and whatnot?

Oh, I know, I have said the above before. I guess those people don't listen to my diary. Probably because I don't buy their stuff.